The Organisers Limited are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The Organisers have been operating since 1998 and we act as a private office for our clients, with a team of award winning assistants on hand for anything 24/7. We operate under four core divisions; The Organisers Your Private Office, The Organisers Property & Relocation, The Organisers Schools & Education and The Organiser Staff & Recruitment.
The Organisers need to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, sub-contractors, employees and other people or organisations The Organisers has a relationship with or may contact. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or when in contact with us in any other form, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This data policy ensures The Organisers complies with the data protection law and follows good practice; protects the rights of staff, customers, sub-contractors and partners; is open about how it stores and processes individual’s data and protects itself from the risks of a data breach. It includes the ways in which we interact with you across our platforms.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The Organisers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or link. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What we collect
We may collect the following information or you may provide us with the following by getting in contact with The Organisers:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Social media account names;
- Payment details;
- Job application information such as CV
- Other information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services such as newsletters or email notifications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- On occasion we also collect sensitive personal data, for example, health information, Right to Work proof or DBS certificates. We only collect this data where we have your explicit consent, unless we are permitted to do so in other circumstances under data protection law.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Communicate with you and suppliers, sub-contractors and partners for a specific task or action
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Keeping your data – retention period
Your personal information is only retained for a period deemed reasonable and necessary to fulfil the purposes/obligation it was collected for including any legal or accounting responsibilities. To establish an appropriate retention period an internal balancing test was conducted considering all factors including but not limited to the amount and sensitivity of the data, the risk to the data subject and legal requirements
Your privacy rights
You have eight core rights under data protection legislation which have been laid out below:
1. Right to be informed – right to know how your personal information is collected and used. This includes companies obligation for transparency and fair processing information
2. Right of access- right to know what information we hold about you including written request to view information. We will provide you with details of the records we hold without delay and within one month of receipt of the written request.
3. Right to rectification – right to have your information rectified if you believe our records to be incomplete or inaccurate.
4. Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – right to be removed from our records. Please note where we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your information your details will be added to a suppression list.
5. Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you can block the processing of your data, thereby making it restricted.
6. Right to data portability- the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
7. Right to object – object to us processing data on the basis of legitimate interest or direct marketing
8. Rights of automated decision making and profiling – you can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.
At any time you may request to invoke one of the above rights in relation to your personal data by contacting us. Please see the contact us page for details of how you can get in touch with a member of The Organisers team.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
2. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Basis for processing data
Under data protection law we are required to inform you of the legal basis with which we rely on processing your personal data. This is laid out below:
– Your consent for use of your data
– Processing of data is necessary for the performance of a contract
– To process data where we are under a legal obligation to do so
– We process data as we have a legitimate interest to do so
We process these items of your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to do so. Personal data may be processed on the basis that The Organisers has a legitimate interest in processing those data, provided that such legitimate interest is not overridden by the rights or freedoms you hold. We will balance your rights and our legitimate interests to ensure that we use your personal information in ways that are not disproportionately intrusive or unfair. Our legitimate interests include:
• Administration and operational management
• Liaising with third parties to achieve a specific task or action or result as identified by the data subject
Sharing your information
We may share your information with third parties, these are included below. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
– Suppliers, partners and sub-contractors for the performance of a contract
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us to ensure our platforms are being utilised to the maximum effect and provide the best performance or targeted marketing for products or services of interest to you
– We will disclose your information in order to comply with any legal obligation
– Employees of The Organisers and linked partners such as Equalia Ltd and/or external providers acting on our behalf for the purposes to fulfil an obligation to you or for the performance of a contract
– We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In any event The Organisers are dedicated to ensure that all data is processed in a lawful and secure manner when processing internally or sharing with any third party.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. All information is stored on our secure servers or servers hosted by third party service providers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technological, organisational and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However we cannot be held liable for any breaches of said security that are out of our control.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet and that your information is sent at your own risk. Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use both necessary and analytical cookies. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How to change your cookies settings
If preferred, you can change your browser settings and turn off cookies. Please note this may impact the performance of our website on your browser.
The following links can provide more details:
Information Commissioner’s Office
The Organisers Ltd has been registered since 2010. Registration number Z2371944.